Prescot Guild Hall
57 St Helens Road, Prescot, L34 6HW
Steward: Jim Inglesby
0151 426 3137
Prescot Guild Hall opened on its present site in St Helens Road on 3 January 1900 by Father Bernard Vaughan, originally as a Catholic Men's Society Temperance Hall. After twenty-four years a decision was made to apply for a license which was granted by the local authorities in 1924. The Centre remained ‘men only’ until 1968 when women were first allowed to join as associate members. In 1985 the former Columba Hall at the rear of the Guild Hall was purchased and added to the Centre, which was completely refurbished in 2005.
Today the Guild Hall continues to be a centre for the community, and can be booked for various events and functions.